KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS:
This Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) made and entered into by and between:
[NAME OF INSTITUTION], an educational institution duly organized and existing under the laws of the Philippines, with address at [ADDRESS OF INSTITUTION], hereinafter referred to as [INSTITUTION] and represented by its Library Director, [NAME OF DIRECTOR]
Ayala Foundation Inc., a corporation duly organized and existing under the laws of the Philippines, with office address at 10/F BPI Building, Ayala Avenue, Makati City, hereinafter referred to as AFI and represented by its Arts and Culture Division, Senior Director, MA. ELIZABETH L. GUSTILO
WHEREAS, AFI has set up the Filipinas Heritage Library (FHL) as an electronic library, envisioned to be a preserver and disseminator of the country’s national heritage through the latest in telecommunications and information technology;
WHEREAS, among the Library programs to support this vision is the LibraryLink project which seeks to electronically link participating libraries for mutual access of Filipiniana collections starting with bibliographic catalogues and moving on to actual exchange of documents;
WHEREAS, the [INSTITUTION], in particular its Filipiniana department, has the required level of information technology competence and infrastructure to be a participating library in the project;
WHEREAS, this first phase of the LibraryLink project involves the development and maintenance of a shared electronic catalogue of the Filipiniana collections of AFI-FHL and LibraryLink’s member institutions in the FHL server;
NOW, THEREFORE, FOR AND IN CONSIDERATION of the above premises, AFI-FHL, and [INSTITUTION] Library agree to work on the LibraryLink project under the following terms and conditions to wit:
- AFI-FHL shall throughout the duration of this Agreement, and under the terms and conditions herein and as may be further agreed upon:
- Set-up and maintain the file/database/Internet server and the network
- Develop and administer the database/s applications
- Populate the database/s with data from other libraries
- Act as the central coordinator of information
- Take on the role of project manager
- [INSTITUTION] Library shall throughout the duration of this Agreement, and under the terms and conditions herein and may be further agreed upon:
- Set up and maintain its own catalogue for its Filipiniana collection
- Provide AFI-FHL with the necessary data from this catalogue in electronic form, preferably in a structured database format, for easy uploading to FHL’s host computer
- Update the necessary data on a quarterly basis
- Both AFI-FHL and [INSTITUTION] Library will appoint representatives to a working committee for the project. This working committee will prepare project reports on a quarterly basis for submission to management of the two organizations.
- The database on the Filipiniana collection catalogues of the LibraryLink’s member institutions and AFI-FHL Library will be uploaded on the Internet for universal access. Future plans for LibraryLink include uploading of Filipiniana materials/collections that can be accessed only by LibraryLink partner communities.
- This Agreement shall take effect upon signing hereof and shall be valid for three (3) years starting [ONE WEEK AFTER SIGNING]. This Agreement may be renewed for such period and under such terms and conditions as may be agreed upon by the parties.
- Unless this Agreement is modified/amended by the parties subsequently in writing, this Agreement shall be considered as the complete repository of all the terms of the agreement between the parties and, therefore, there can be, as between them, no evidence of the terms of the agreement other than the contents of this Agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have signed this Agreement at Makati City on [DATE].
AYALA FOUNDATION, INC.
FILIPINAS HERITAGE LIBRARY
MA. ELIZABETH L. GUSTILO
Senior Director, Arts & Culture Division
NAME OF LIBRARY DIRECTOR
SIGNED IN THE PRESENCE OF
MARIA CECILIA I. AYSON
[ NAME OF WITNESS ]
[ POSITION OF WITNESS ]