All member-libraries are requested to submit their catalog update for the 1st Quarter of 2014. Send updates to FHL's address below, indicate LibraryLink Project on the addressee. If less than 5 MB, just send as an attachment through email. We will notify you once we have uploaded your updated catalog! Thanks for the continued support!
"LibLink invites contributions and suggestions to articles and features. Send comments using the feedback form
Filipinas Heritage Library|
A division of
Ayala Foundation, Inc.
6th Floor, Ayala Museum
Makati Ave. cor. Dela Rosa St.
Makati City 1220
Tel. No. (632) 759-8288 local 36
Fax No. (632) 759-8287
Send comments to the webmaster using the
PGLL - Study Visit to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Philippine Group of Law Librarians (PGLL) is pleased to invite you to a “Study Visit to Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia ”. This will be an international educational and observation tour of selected libraries, cultural and information agencies from 18-21 August 2014. This trip will provide participants an opportunity to experience and see for themselves first hand international librarianship as practiced in said country.
The following libraries/ institutions will be visited:
· University of Malaya
· Jabatan Peguam Negara (Attorney General’s Chambers)
· Federal Courts of Malaysia
· National Library of Malaysia
· Library for Lawyers Association (IBP in the Phils)
· Lexis Nexis Office
· Petronas Tower
· Private Half Day KL City Tour
We aim to fulfill the following objectives:
· To interact with Malaysian librarians and learn from their experiences;
· Exposure to world class libraries and their facilities;
· Enhance knowledge and skills in managing a world class library;
· Broaden the participants perspectives on the impact of new technologies on the quality of information services;
· Learn from the experiences of institutions to be visited in meeting the technological and management challenges of the information age;
· To bring about a renewed sense of commitment and purpose to the working librarian in the service of the community of users;
Package cost is Php25,000.00 inclusive of roundtrip air economy class, roundtrip private airport transfer with English speaking guide, 4 days/3 nights room accommodation based on twin sharing, daily inside hotel breakfast, library tour with transfer, half-day city tour and an escort for the group.
For further inquiry, please contact/email any of the following officers:
NORA P. REY firstname.lastname@example.org
MILAGROS SANTOS-ONG email@example.com
JONAS T. SAHAGUN firstname.lastname@example.org
Please confirm your reservation on or before July 15, 2014. Booking deposit fee is Php5,000.00 and is non-refundable. Full package cost will be charged/applied to any cancellation made two (2) weeks before departure. Payments maybe made to any of the PGLL officers above.
PAARL - Seoul-Searching South Korea Library Tour
For this year, PAARL's library benchmarking tour will be in Jeju and Seoul, South Korea from 12-19 October 2014 (Sunday to Sunday).
Why Jeju? Because the annual OCLC Asia Pacific Regional Conference will take place in Jeju, South Korea on 13-14 October. With nearly 300 participants in previous conferences from 16+ countries in the Asia Pacific region such as Australia, Brunei, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and the United States, library leaders meet, discuss, and work together to improve access to the information held in libraries around the globe, and find ways to reduce costs for libraries through collaboration.
Registration fee to attend the conference is free, but travel /accommodation is at participant's expense. Optional library visits or tour of Jeju is scheduled on Wednesday, October 15, 2014. The conference venue is Jeju Grand Hotel.
Download the invitation here: http://www.slideshare.net/PAARLOnline/invitation-letter-to-oclc
The second part of the 8-day event is a tour of must-visit libraries and academic institutions in Jeju and Seoul.
The Philippine Association of Academic/Research Librarians, Inc. will be conducting a four-day international benchmarking tour of libraries and cultural places in Seoul, Korea on 16-19 October 2014. The objectives of this benchmarking are:
1. To benchmark and observe the best practices in technological, space-planning and infrastructure development in selected Korean libraries;
2. To learn new trends and concepts of library services from selected Korean libraries;
3. To foster professional and cultural exchange between Filipino and Korean librarians;
4. To establish a linkage among Korean Libraries for future collaborative undertakings in the Region.
A separate travel package for Seoul to include airfare (Manila-Seoul-Manila), accommodation (4D/3N from Oct 16-19), full board (breakfast-lunch-dinner), library visits, and sight-seeing tours (in an air-conditioned coach with English-speaking tour guide) is being finalized. Details and costs to follow.
Changing Libraries & INFO-EDUTAINMENT (Fusion Conference Series 2014)
The SISC Library Department is pleased to invite you to attend its 2-day National Conference themed on Changing Libraries & INFO-EDUTAINMENT (Fusion Conference Series 2014). This professional activity will be held on October 16-17, 2014 from 8am to 5pm @ Lux Gym, Southville International School and Colleges, 1281 Tropical Avenue corner Luxembourg St., BF Homes International, Las Piñas City, Philippines.
Changing Libraries & INFO-EDUTERTAINMENT (Fusion Conference Series 2014) is aimed at assisting libraries, librarians and other information professionals to:
1. to draw a marketing landscape for libraries and information centers in bringing out a service differentiation, utilizing high impact entertainment skills and stir enriching library experiences towards successful repeat service, that sends not only online but a worldwide impact satisfying patrons with huge resources in and outside of the library;
2. to promote library services and products in a business-like manner that entices clients to go back again and again and become their solid patrons not only to fill up their chairs and spaces but also to interact and be involved responsibly with personal causes; and,
3. to become “community solution centers where people are learning new skills, meeting their neighbors and getting practical help with some of life’s essentials” and be international centers for information, cultural and multilingual services to widen their market in order for each to travel around and take library services nationwide and around the world.
Sessions will have excellent resource persons and enriching topics. The conference fee is Php3,500.00 inclusive of meals with snacks, conference kits and certificates. Please make payments/cheques payable to: Southville International School and Colleges. First 50 institutions to register shall receive a set of six (6) coffee table art books for their libraries. CHED and DepEd endorsements are being applied. Please feel free to call us at (+632) 820-8702 local 146, text at 09187318010 or e-mail email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.